Camera Ready Submissions
ISCA’13 Camera-Ready Guidelines
Thank you for your co-operation in the preparation of the ISCA’13 proceedings. This year, the conference proceedings will be published in the ACM series. Therefore, all submissions MUST conform to the ACM formatting guidelines.
The deadline for submitting the final camera-ready papers is April 17th, 2013.
Paper Formatting Guidelines
- Papers published in ISCA’13 proceedings must use the two-column ACM conference proceedings format, and must be submitted as a package (zip, rar, etc.) containing the source files (LaTex or Microsoft Word) and the PDF version of your paper labeled as follows: ISCA13_"Lead Author" (for example ISCA13_John_Smith).
- A template for Microsoft Word and LaTeX can be downloaded HERE. Use OPTION 2: LaTeX2e – Tighter Alternate style. An example of this formatting style can be downloaded from here.
- The length of the papers is limited to 10 pages but up to 2 extra pages can be included at an additional charge of 100 USD per page. One of the paper authors MUST pay the extra page fee along with conference registration.
- At the bottom first page left column of each paper, the following text should appear (without quotes):
"Permission to make digital or hard copies of all or part of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee.
ISCA’13 Tel-Aviv, Israel
Copyright 2013 ACM 978-1-4503-2079-5/13/06… $15.00"
If you use the LaTex template, you can modify the copyright information in the tex and/or cls files. You can see an example here.
1) Mandatory Sections:
- Title of the paper (must be initial caps) — First Letters of the Main Words Must be Capital Letters.
- Authors' full names — For every author: their first name, middle initial(s) (if any), and last name must to be included after the title of the paper on the first page.
- Affiliations — EACH author's affiliation, department (if any), affiliation location, state, country, and email address MUST be included.
- Abstract — Include an abstract of your paper on the first page top of the left hand column.
2) Page Size and Page Breaks:
Submissions that do not conform to the ACM standards will be returned to the author. The page size is US Letter (8-1/2×11 inches). Do not submit your paper in A4 size or any size other than US Letter. Make sure that there are no bad page or column breaks — meaning no widows or orphans (last line of a paragraph at the top of a column). If this happens, either tighten the previous column or force a line feed. Section and Sub-section headings should remain with at least two lines of body text when near the end of a page or column. Do not modify the margins of the paper to gain space. If the margins are modified, the paper will be returned to the author.
Figures may be printed in black and white (grayscale). We suggest that you test print a black and white version of your paper to ensure that the illustrations reproduce well. Figures will appear in their original color in the pdf-files in ACM Digital library. We recommend images to be at least 300 or 600 dpi for quality reproduction.
Paper should have Type 1 fonts (scalable), not Type 3 (bit-mapped). All fonts must be embedded within the PDF file. Remember to check that all fonts are embedded and included in the figure correctly (Tip: try to avoid non-standard font sets in your figures).
5) Page Numbers, Headers, and Footers:
The final submission MUST NOT contain any footer in the footer area, headers, or page numbers. The papers will be paginated in an order determined by the Program Chair.
Footnotes should be numbered in consecutive order throughout the text.
The placement of the Acknowledgements is after the actual text of the paper, just before the References section, and after any Appendix(es). All acknowledgements of financial support must be placed as the first footnote below the first column of the paper. Write the Acknowledgements in the third person.
Along with the final version of the paper, each author has to submit a signed version of the copyright form. The authors will be contacted individually by ACM. ACM has an automated copyright form collection system for ACM published proceedings.
9) Camera-ready Submission:
Once your paper has been finalized, submit a package (zip, rar, etc.) containing the source files (LaTex or Microsoft Word) and the PDF version of your paper labeled as follows: ISCA13_"Lead Author".pdf (for example ISCA13_John_Smith.pdf) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the conference name and the number of your contribution (ISCA13 – # – Camera Ready) in the subject line.
In case of any further questions, please contact the Publications Chair, Zeshan Chishti at: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your publication materials in a timely manner.